Today, Friday, 22 September 2017, nine of Senegal’s most promising seed-stage startups will compete to represent the country at the regional and global Seedstars Summits and stand the chance to win up to $1m in equity investments and other prizes.
The top startups selected to advance to the pitching event are:
- ADN: an IT consulting company specialised in data analytics and focused on providing business analytics solutions for African organisations.
- Bayseddo 2.0: a platform that allows farmers to finance their crop
- Carvi Writer: the first publishing company of books and audiovisual production in Africa, it makes money and movies with your writings.
- Dassur: an insurance distributor which uses Messenge
- MaTontine: provides access to small loans and related financial services like micro-insurance by digitizing traditional savings circles.
- PayDunya: is a one stop shop to create, manage & grow sales on social networks and get paid from all relevant payment methods in Africa with CRM toolbox
- SenCivilities: allows the management of civil status, request of remote birth certificate, and geolocation of the undeclared children
- Walam: a mobile platform based on sharing economy that let people put their skills to the service of other people without having money.
- Skillake: a job marketplace, to help American and European companies find qualified IT professionals in Africa with a perfect match.
The search then continues as Seedstars heads to Cameroon on 29 September 2017. The companies selected to pitch at Seedstars Douala, Cameroon, need to be less than two years old, have raised less than $500,000 in funding, and have built a minimum viable product, ideally with existing traction.
Applications close today. For more, go to www.seedstarsworld.com.